Compass Software for Simple Western
Automate. Quantitate. Validate.
Compass Software, now with 21 CFR Part 11 compliance tools, analyzes Simple Western Size or Charge assay data and processes the results for you.
Quantitative analysis for each protein or isoform is done automatically so you can truly be hands-free. Data can be displayed in a lane view, graph view, or as a digital capillary image. Want to share your results and transfer your assay? No problem. Compass Software's export feature makes this as easy as a click of a button.
Proteins are displayed as bands in a lane view similar to what you would see in a traditional Western.
Rolling over a band will reveal its protein-specific information. Molecular weight and other relevant data are reported in a concise data table that you can easily export.
Proteins can also be displayed as an electropherogram in graph view and data for multiple samples can be overlaid. Peaks are automatically defined by name or pI.
Rolling over the peak will reveal its protein-specific information. Quantitative distributions of detected isoforms are reported.
The Compass Access Control feature can be used to help satisfy the 21 CFR Part 11 data security requirements when using Simple Western instruments. When Access Control is enabled and the Authorization Server has been installed:
- Users are required to log in to Compass when the software is launched
- A history of all actions is maintained
- Data files are signed and encrypted to prevent unauthorized changes (e.g., all files are controlled)
- Each instrument maintains a history of user commands
- Each assay and data file includes a history of signed changes to the file