Bio-Techne Grant Foundation Program
Stretch your grant dollars further
Program OverviewProteinSimple is pleased to extend our grant program to offer funding towards Ella™, our novel automated immunoassay platform. For institutions who otherwise may not be able to afford to purchase an Ella, the Bio-Techne Grant Foundation may provide additional financial support. All academic or government labs qualify, but only those with a scientifically compelling need will be granted funding.
Meet Ella, Your Immunoassay Problem SolverImmunoassays come with lots of challenges. Even after multiple steps, hours in the lab, and hours analyzing data, results are only acceptable at best. Not anymore. Meet Ella.
Her automated Simple Plex assays are hands-free, single or multi-analyte with no cross-reactivity, and reproducible even across multiple labs. All those issues you deal with every day? Gone.
How do I apply?
Simply click on the Apply Now button, fill in the information and click submit.
How will I know if I receive a grant?
We will call awarded grantees to notify them that they have been chosen and to coordinate installation of the granted product.
Who chooses the grant winners?
A panel comprised of scientists from both ProteinSimple and Bio-Techne. That panel meets quarterly to review the grant applicants and to select winners if appropriate.
What is the judging criteria?
Grants are awarded based on need and scientific merit.
What is required if I am awarded a grant?
Grant award winners are required to submit non-confidential progress updates biannually for the first year after the grant is awarded.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- ProteinSimple retains the rights to grant funding toward instruments that are new or refurbished. Refurbished instruments will be sent in working condition.
- Grantee is responsible for purchasing a Training Kit.
- Instrument is provided with one-year parts and labor warranty. Grantee is responsible for maintenance of instrument.
- Grantee agrees to cite ProteinSimple in all publications where the Ella system was used for data generation.
- Grantee agrees to serve as a reference and demo lab for any interested parties based on availability of instrument and advanced coordination.
- Grantee agrees to be a Key Opinion Leader and agrees to participate in ProteinSimple’s From Your Peers program, sharing a Peer Story and presenting a webinar or a conference talk, sharing data within the first year after the grant is awarded.