ProteinSimple Grant Program
We grant our instruments to institutions that otherwise cannot afford to purchase our products. All academic or government labs qualify, but only those with a scientifically compelling need will be granted an instrument. Grant applications are reviewed by a panel of scientists from both ProteinSimple and Bio-Techne to ensure grants are selected in an unbiased manner. ProteinSimple will grant up to one Wes, one Ella and one AlphaImager or FluorChem Imager per quarter based on the quantity and quality of grant applications.
How do I apply?
Simply click on the Apply Now button, fill in the information and click submit.
Can I use an existing grant?
Yes, but please cut and the paste the respective information into the fields on our form.
Can I apply as many times as I want?
Yes, you may apply once per quarter.
How will I know if I receive a grant?
We will call selected grantees to notify them that they have been selected and to coordinate installation of the granted product.
What happens if I purchase an instrument and then I'm selected to receive a grant from ProteinSimple?
We will provide your institution with a credit in the amount of the instrument that may be applied towards purchasing consumables.
Who selects the grant winners?
A panel has been selected comprised of scientists from both ProteinSimple and Bio-Techne. That panel meets quarterly to review the grant applicants and to select winners if appropriate.
What is the judging criteria?
Grants are awarded based on need and scientific merit.
- ProteinSimple retains the rights to grant instruments that are new or refurbished. Refurbished instruments will be sent in working condition.
- ProteinSimple reserves the right to grant up to four Wes systems (including computer), up to four Ella systems (including computer) and up to four FluorChem imaging systems per year.
- Grantee will issue a PO from their institution in the amount of $1.00 such that ownership of the instrument remains with the institution. Instrument grant does not include consumables and grantee is responsible for cost of consumables.
- ProteinSimple will provide installation and training where needed.
- Grantee is responsible for maintenance of instrument and instrument is provided with one-year warranty.
- Should Grantee purchase an instrument from ProteinSimple prior to being awarded a grant, ProteinSimple will credit the grantee's institution in the amount of the purchase price for the ProteinSimple instrument which may be used towards the purchase of consumables.
- Grantee agrees to link their institution or department's website to the ProteinSimple Grant Site within 30 days of installation of ProteinSimple instrument.
- Grantee agrees to cite ProteinSimple in any and all publications where the ProteinSimple instrument was used for data generation.
- Grantee may be contacted by ProteinSimple for sales or marketing promotions.