Simple Western™ is a fully automated in-capillary electrophoresis solution that makes your protein characterization a breeze!
Separate Your Way with Simple Western Assay
Separate your proteins two ways with Simple Western assays—by size (molecular weight) or by charge (isoelectric point). We've got systems that'll do one, or the other, or both! No matter what option you choose, you'll get immunodetection of your target protein and truly quantitative data that lets you make the most accurate experimental decisions
Why Simple Western?
Benefits of Size-Based Assays
- Hands-Free Automation: Simple Western size assays fully automate all assay steps, including sample loading, protein separation, immunoprobing or total protein labeling, washing, detection and data analysis. Just add your SDS-denatured samples and detection reagents onto the plate and go.
- Reproducible Quantitation: Compared to traditional western blotting, where data is semi-quantitative at best, Simple Western assays provide reliable absolute or relative quantitation of your target with low inter- and intra-assay CVs.
- Throughput: Size capable Simple Western systems can process 24 samples in 3 hours or up to 96 samples overnight on our higher throughput platforms, giving you fully analyzed and quantified results.
- Low Sample Input: With minimum sample loading volumes of 3 µL per well, Simple Western systems can get you the data you need using as little of your precious sample as possible. Our high throughput systems can provide as many as 8 data points out of a 5 µL sample.
- Open Platform: Transition is simple— most antibodies used for western blotting protocols can be used with Simple Western assays.
- Time to Results: With kits offering sizing ranges from 2 kDa to 440 kDa, separate and detect proteins for 24 samples in as little as 3 hours!
Benefits of Charge-Based Assays
- Hands-Free Automation: Simple Western charge assays fully automates all assays steps, including sample loading, protein separation, immunoprobing, detection and data analysis. Just mix your sample with our ampholytes sample mix, pipet onto your plate and get data for your target in its native state.
- Reproducible Quantitation: Compared to traditional gel-based IEF assays, where data is semi-quantitative at best and assay set up is more of an art than science, Simple Western charge assays provide reliable absolute or relative quantitation of your target as well as unique isoform information, with low inter- and intra-assay CVs.
- Throughput: Charge capable Simple Western systems can process up to 96 samples in one overnight run with reported pIs and quantitative results.
- Low Sample Input: Low abundance proteins in limited cell populations are our specialty, and as few as 25 cells per assay are required. Our high throughput systems can provide as many as 8 data points out of a 10 µL sample.
- Open Platform: Transition is simple—the same antibodies used for Western blotting protocols can be used with Simple Western assays.
- Flexibility: Characterize a wide range of mechanisms, from kinase inhibitor drug to oncoprotein control and more, in a variety of sample type, including primary tissues and fine-needle aspirates.